Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Product Review - Totally Twisted

I've been a huge fan of Herbal Essences' products since I began using their Hello Hydration Conditioner.

If you've read my posting on it, there wasn't anything that this conditioner did wrong. It became my number one staple product. Until now...

While my hubby was surfing the net, he came across a deal to get me a Herbal Essence coupon for a free product. He doesn't want to encourage me to get more products but he is also glad that I'm not spending hours in the salon and am much happier with my hair.

So I get the coupons and go to where else, CVS to get more Hello Hydration. But I didn't, I picked up Totally Twisted. I'd read about how great it was and decided, why not?

I tried it the next day. Can I tell you that I ran out the next day to get another one? Yes, I did!

Why didn't I try this before? Although I am not too keen on the scent... I prefer fruity smells. But I can't get over what it does to my hair. Not only does it moisturize, it gives my hair shine and enhances my waves/curls. When I use this, I don't even add gel on most days!

This is my routine:

I wet my hair, add Totally Twisted, comb it through my hair, let my hair air dry a bit, and then spray on Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray.

That's it!

Now I do miss my Hello Hydration, but it doesn't compare in the enhancing department. So this will get pushed to weekend use.

Yes, I have my power products that I use daily because I know how they will work on my hair. Then on the weekends, I use my other products so as not to waste any of them.

To tell you how much of a performance conditioner this is, my son is using it to help with his waves.

Now about my sons, I have tried to get their opinions on other hair products and I just get an ok. No real opinions.

But with Totally Twisted even he is admiring his new waves. My other son is currently following Dad's bald look.

So if you are looking for a drugstore available product that is reasonable. You may want to check this out. I don't know of any other conditioner, that moisturizes, adds shine, detangles and enhances your curls.

5 comments:

Roxy said...

I'm excited. I just picked up a huge bottle of the hello hydration conditioner and a small one of the conditioner. I remember you reviewed that awhile ago.
Nice Review!!!

Coleen said...

Before switching to Garnier Fructis I used Herbal Essence which I love for the great fragrance, but I'm convinced I need to try Total Twisted now :)

just my take said...

Thanks for responding Roxy!

I love both conditioners. I can get them at any store and they are reasonable in price. I use both at leave-ins.

HH has a great scent that lasts all day.

TT gives my hair definition so I don't need to add a gel afterward.

The thing about these conditioners is that I think anyone can use them and get clear results.

I hope you enjoy and fill me in on your results.

Coleen -- I also tried a Garnier conditioner and was VERY impressed. Let me know when you try TT and how it works for you.

lizzelbizzel said...

has anyone tried urban therapy twisted sister range, i bought them yest and been reading up on it. its really really cheap and i heard its really good. Havent tried it yet thou lol

just my take said...

LB --

i did look up that totally twisted - its a uk product line. from what i read it seems to work well and it very cheap!

feel free to write back and let us know how it works for you.