Thursday, December 10, 2009

Product Review - Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream


Its early December and up until last week I was still doing a wash and go. Then I was wondering why I was cold all day at work, duh!! Everyone seemed to have decided on a winter hair care routine and I knew I should too but didn't know where to start.

Also, I really like my wash and go's. I like the fact that I don't use a bunch of products in my hair, my scalp hasn't been itchy or flaky and I have been staying away from heat. I also believe that the less I do to my hair (no towel drying, no heat or blow drying, dry combing, less manipulation) the closer I get to healthier new growth.

But I decided to go into my hair product basket and see what I can experiment with. I knew last weekend I was going to wash and deep condition. But what to do afterward?

So I added Hello Hydration after deep conditioning and rinsed out. My hair felt soft and I let it air dry. I now know that my hair is getting healthier because as it dried it didn't have this dry as straw look or feel that it used to have.

Before I headed out to run some errands, I applied some Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to my hair and put on my hat.

So far I liked how my hair looked and felt when I removed my hat.

In the evening before bed, I applied olive oil on my scalp and some more MO cream, put some rollers in, wrapped in a silk scarf and went to bed.

I was pleasantly surprised in the morning as my hair still looked and felt good.

I did follow up on Monday with a warm flat iron. Yep, I applied heat but just a bit. I also used more of this cream before using the iron.

I am so glad I didn't give up on this MO cream. It works really well on dry hair. I had used a bit on my wet hair before and it took out the curl definition so I wasn't quite sure how to use it.

But I like this stuff, its light, creamy, has some argon oil in it and isn't greasy. I can use it day and night and still not have any build-up.

This will be my staple product for dry hair styling. I will be purchasing this when I run out.

Thanks MO for allowing me to try these products -

For more info, please check out their site - http://www.moroccanoil.com

No comments: