Sunday, December 6, 2009

Product Review - Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo


My primary hair style is a wash and go. (Yes, even in this cold upstate NY weather).

Since I started this styling method, I have really seen first hand how drying shampoos are. I never thought I would be one to wet my hair daily or even give up on shampooing but I have now grown to dislike it. But I do shampoo either weekly or every other week to rid my hair of build-up and have used this product a handful of times.

Now the plus side of this shampoo is that its for chemically damaged hair, is color safe, sulfate, phosphate and paraben free. These are the things you would look for in a shampoo that won't strip your hair of moisture.

Even with all of those positives, I have to admit I am not a fan of this shampoo. It does have a light lather (which is good, not too many detergents) and I do feel that my hair and scalp were clean afterward but I felt it was still too drying. I always follow up my shampooing with a deep conditioner and/or leave in but I still feel that my hair shouldn't feel straw-like after cleaning.

Now I also have to admit that I have dry transitioning hair so maybe if someone has hair that isn't as dry or damaged they may enjoy this product more than I did.

I did add some Moroccanoil to the shampoo with better results but all in all, this product will not be added to my regular staple products. It is now passed onto my sons (and they said they aren't too impressed either).

I am still a big fan of the Moroccanoil spray, deep conditioner and oil.

No comments: