Tuesday, December 9, 2008

my new conditioner


well for the past few months, I've been experimenting with my hair. i have not been relaxing it every 6-8 weeks as recommended. so i just shampoo, deep condition and use a leave in condition. i then sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes and thats it.

my last relaxer was the beginning of October. only problem is my hair is short in the back and even shorter without straightening it. styling options are limited and my styling skills are lacking. but whatever, i'm trying to go the healthy route.

so in my online research, i stumble upon a few sites that are raving about molasses. first i see posts that say you should have some daily in tea or coffee. then i see the ones that say if you put it on topically it decreases breakage and leaves hair soft.

i decided to mix the molasses with my current deep conditioner. i apply all through my hair. to my surprise mixing it with the creme conditioner and applying wasnt messy at all.

also, to my surprise, my hair was softer and more manageable.

this will definitely be my new hair conditioner.

i've decided that instead of becoming a product junkie - i will be using what is in my cabinets. so at least my current some what dull current conditioner will not go to waste.

Peace

3 comments:

Heat Styled Natural said...

Thanks for the review. I've heard great things about this. I'll try it out.

Dwana said...

I NEVER heard of this. Where did you find it?

just my take said...

Hi Dwana,

I came across a hair forum and molasses was discussed for many threads. Most of the posters said that it helped to slow down or stop hair breakage/shedding.

Also I found some posters on a healthy body forum discussing how it slows down the graying process.

Since I've been using this weekly, all that I've found was that this was a great conditioner. That's it! No miracles.

Since it is sticky and messy, I would always mix with another conditioner and blend them together and not get heavy handed with the molasses.

All I've found is that molasses is a great conditioner and washes out well.

It really softens my hair comparable to a store bought high-end conditioner and at a fraction of the cost.