Saturday, May 23, 2009

Product Review - L'oreal Ever Pure Shampoo


Hello All,

A couple of weeks ago, I was going through my hair care supply and noticed that I needed shampoo and more deep conditioner. Although I've been going to the salon every couple of weeks or so for a blow-out, I still would like to work with my natural hair and save money.

Also, I am still learning how to use Kinky-Curly custard and the Carol's Daughter products which I am somewhat enjoying when I don't straighten my hair.

More updates about those other products in future posts to come.

I still have a large bottle of CVS brand shampoo in my cabinet but I've been really curious to try a no-sulfate type of poo. My kids can continue to use the CVS shampoos.

So I did a search to see what was currently out there, is inexpensive and easy to get my hands on. I found L'oreal's Everpure product line.

I went to CVS (where else do I go?) and quickly snatched up Everpure's Moisture Shampoo.

I love this shampoo. My hair felt great afterward. It has the lightest scent and my hair wasn't tangled.

Now my hair is color-treated. I've had grey hair since I was about 15 and never really sweated the grey until a few years ago when my grey was coming in very prominently in the front. I like my grey, but I also still like to have fun with my hair and enjoy my temporary rinses. I can go from black to dark brown to light brown and even still rock some of my grey.

As I was shampooing last week, I was watching the color rinse out. This is ok, because this is expected of temporary color. But when I dried - I didn't have any grey strands.

I used this shampoo for a second time today and I still have 90% of my color. So this poo does not strip the hair at all. This poo even rinses out well.

I am hooked and will probably bring it with me on my next salon visit too.

2 comments:

Roxy said...

ooh...can't wait to get my hands on it and try it...i haven't tries the sulfate free method yet but it seems pretty good...

just my take said...

I liked the fact that i could easily buy it in the store and i paid about $7.99 with a travel size included.