Saturday, February 28, 2009

Product Review - Alba Cocoa Butter


I was able to get this item on sale at CVS (of course) and was glad to have tried it.

At first when I smelled it - I wasn't too thrilled. It has a very heavy cocoa butter and tropical scent. After I started using it, I got used to it. It doesn't linger strongly after applying - which is good if you are using perfumes/other scents.

This is a very thick and creamy lotion. But what is great is that it rubs into the skin very nice and smooth. It's not greasy, leaves a nice sheen on the skin and does the job of moisturizing the whole body. Its also long lasting, so no mid-day dryness.

At this stage in my life (over 40) my skin basically stays dry. So I have been experimenting with skin care products. My feeling on a lot of lotions is that they offer a lot of smell and little in the moisturizing department.

This product is great for someone with dry/normal skin. It's also hypo-allergenic and I would definitely recommend for the whole family.

Alba did get my attention with this product and I do look forward to trying more of their products.

No comments: