Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Product Review - Kinky Curly Custard - Part II

I had to post about my latest feelings on this product! I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

Now I have to admit, I'm not walking around with shiny waves and curls but I do have some serious waves and definition.

First off - I've used this product several times since my first review and still haven't put a dent in it. So I am loving the fact that I won't be running out for quite awhile.

Second, I find it so easy to use. I have said it many times, I just can't style hair. When I was a kid, I had shoulder length hair and could always put my hair in a ponytail or roller set. As an adult, for most of my relaxing years, I had to rely on a stylist to give me a decent cut since the relaxers were eating up my hair. So my biggest concern with going natural is how to do my hair. Well, with this product, I just wash, condition and rake KCC through my hair. That is it! Right now my hair hits my ear lobes, not long enough to do a ponytail/puff but with this product, I'm not going to sweat it.

Third, I love the smell.

Fourth, I am fortunate to have a casual job and live blocks away from work. So I am able to hop in the shower, do my hair routine listed above and go to work. Yes, I can actually go to work with my hair wet (damp). As my hair dries, it still holds its own style.

Fifth, I am able to skip the salon visits which will save me $$ and time.

Sixth, I love to feel my hair all wavy.

Seventh, I can lay off heat styling.

Eighth, I no longer look in the mirror and focus on how short my hair is and wonder if I should put a relaxer in it.

Ninth, it doesn't dry out my hair. It leaves my hair soft and touchable.

I am so glad that I took the chance to buy this product. When I run out of conditioner, I will look into ordering the KC conditioner that is supposed to work along with KCC.

Is there anything I don't like? Not much, just that my hair does shrink up, I do have a patch of hair that doesn't seem to take too well to KCC, the price, and having to order it online... other than that the benefits really outweigh the negatives.

This product is a staple and along with the sulfate-free shampoo, conditioners and coconut oil, I won't have anymore product reviews!

Feel free to write about your experiences with KCC.

No comments: