Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Product Review - CVS Gentle Skin Cleanser


As a user of skin care cleansers since I was about 13; I can truly say that most products are crap! Either they dry out the skin too much, are too expensive, are too messy or just don't produce any results.

So imagine my surprise at finding this great inexpensive product that cleans and moisturizes!!!

I was in CVS when they were reducing prices on a number of their products. (Yes, I know, CVS again).

I stumble upon this skin cleanser that states on the label 'softens as it cleanses'. The label also states that it can be used on babies, is for sensitive skin and can be used on the whole body. For $1.20 for 4 oz. - I say why not? I'll try it.

Well, this is the number one product in my skin care shelf. I am so upset I didn't purchase more of this item.

A bit about my skin - for the past several years, I've just used witch hazel, soap occasionally and a moisturizer. Although the witch hazel is a bit drying it doesn't make my skin feel uncomfortable and it is a great toner. My skin is dry - very dry!! And I know I shouldn't use soap but I like to feel clean.

But this product actually leaves my skin so smooth. It is a light cream that evaporates on contact, i leave on for a minute or two and then rinse. It rinses off easily and my face feels great! My face feels clean, refreshed, soft and moisturized! Its effects are long-lasting too! This product is a miracle!

Usually I don't post my opinions about products until I've tried them well over several times. This way I can give a true opinion about a product over time and see if it produces results. Well, with this product I haven't used it over a week and a half and I had to write about it!

I will definitely buy this product no matter what the price!

No comments: