Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My current product line-up

These are my current hair product keepers -

Pantene Pro-V Time Renewal Replenishing Mask - I use this deep conditioner after every shampoo. It smells great and makes my hair feel smooth and healthy. What's great about this dc is that you can put it on your hair with a plastic cap for about 5 minutes and still get a great treatment. I also take this to salon too. The cost is about $5.00. It goes on creamy, thick and lasts.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil - I use this to moisturize my scalp and give my hair sheen. I bought an applicator bottle from Sally's to apply this directly to my scalp. All it takes is a few drops. It can get greasy so I go lightly. But I do have to admit that it doesn't leave my hair heavy or with a lot of build-up. I use this a couple of times a week. Cost about $6.00 for a huge bottle and lasts.

Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil - My newest product! I saw this in Walmart and it was reduced to $7.00 for 16 oz. It was in the vitamin aisle. I am so glad I bought this. I use this to roll up my hair, apply through out my scalp, and on my ends. I alternate this with Olive Oil. This is another go lightly product and it doesn't leave alot of build-up like other products. I also use this on my lips and skin.

Mashooq - I love this oil. I used this before I tried the other above oils. It is a combination of some good stuff. Its light and does the job.

I use the above oils also after a salon visit since my scalp is dry after all the heat.

As far as shampoos - I have not found the one to knock my shoes off. While at CVS a couple of months ago, I stumbled across some CVS shampoos that were comparable to Pantene shampoos. They were a buck a piece. I like them when I shampoo at home.

I don't really like styling products because of the build-up. If I need my hair to behave a bit more, I will reach for the Carol's Daughter hair milk and hair butter. I apply overnight put on my silk scarf. Then the next morning your hair will have a nice hold and look smooth. I usually use this to style the week before shampooing and as needed.

Also, since I deep condition - I don't use a regular conditioner anymore.

That's it.

Now as soon as these products run out - I am looking forward to trying Pantene's relaxed and natural products. Also, I am looking forward to trying some dominican products.

I did have to catch myself because I was making frequent trips to wander around Sephora (for no reason) and checking out sites that had expensive products. I've decided that I will not buy any expensive products. Especially after my Carol's Daughter experience - I really cannot trust that just because the price is high or a product is sold at a certain high-end store that I should expect it to work for me.

I'm sticking with what works and my hair is looking and feeling healthy.

No comments: