Monday, January 12, 2009

i may be relaxing my hair real soon...

I've started to monitor what i was doing to my hair since June 2008.

My last relaxer was October 2008 and now its January 2009 - over 3 months. And guess what?

My hair looks terrible.

I had a lot of hair fall out over the past 2 years. This is the main reason why I decided to lay off the relaxers. But now I am miserable without it.... is this what withdrawals from drugs is like???

I've always had issues with the hair in the back of my head. So I really thought that this time i have to stick with the no relaxer route so i can get some healthy hair.

But I am so tired of looking in the mirror and seeing very little progress.

I was worried about my new job - but its a casual environment so I don't feel any pressure in that sense but I would still like to walk away from the mirror feeling confident.

I started taking biotin a few weeks ago. I will give it until my birthday in March to see if that made a difference. That will be 2.5 months.

I just ran out of deep conditioner so now I will allow myself to purchase another product - I will only buy new stuff when I use up or toss out something else.

I've added EVOO and I like it so far.

Also, I've bought a cheapie flat iron which I am only trying to use once a week.

Maybe since the weather is so cold here (upstate ny) - I will put off the decision until spring. That way it will be 6 months (in April) of transitioning/stretching and I can see if my hair has gotten any healthier and has grown.

if anyone has any ideas on what I should do or add to my routine let me know... I am desperate!

No comments: