Sunday, January 18, 2009

Product Review - African Pride Herbal Healing S & C




I think it was about 1998 to 2000 when my relaxed hair was in its really healthy and growing stage. One of my key products was African Pride's no lye relaxer. At the time, I didn't have a stylist and I had to rely on myself to take care of my hair. So for some reason, I was struck by the design on the box and made the switch from my usual Cream of Nature relaxer. I became a big fan of their relaxer. I also believed that I used African Pride's grease too. Yes, I too was a big fan of hair grease. I did feel that their products were good quality and helped keep my hair looking, feeling good and growing. This was actually one of the few times in my life, where I was always asked who does my hair and what products do i use.

So when I was fortunate to have won a contest for African Pride's latest products I was very pleased.

I received their relaxer, shampoo and conditioner.

This review is about the shampoo and conditioner.

I've been using this shampoo weekly since November. Although it has the herbal specs in it - i do not feel it was a great shampoo. My hair felt dry after washing. I was expecting better results.

I feel the same about the conditioner. It is a leave in and I was expecting it to leave my hair moisturized. It did but just a bit. This conditioner has bits of herbal specs in it, too.

Both products have a pleasing light scent, light color and a listing of many herbs.

It took me awhile to get these reviews up because i just wanted to like them. I wanted to say that these were good products and I would love to buy them - but I cant.

The shampoo has been passed onto my sons. I asked their opinion and they said it was like any other shampoo.

Although these products retail for about $4-5 each, I would just get suave or vo5 for less than $2....

No comments: